Burke and Reuben Wilson founded Wilson Brothers Lumber Company back in 1927 just north of Winston-Salem in neighboring Rural Hall, NC. The brothers established a strong reputation and quickly grew their business providing construction materials for the growing city of Winston-Salem. The growth in the construction materials business led to expansion opportunities in the ownership and construction of commercial projects throughout Piedmont.
The Legacy at Ardmore Apartments tract of land represents one such community investment by the Wilson brothers when it was originally developed as Cloverdale Apartments back in 1947 as the largest multifamily development of the time. Cloverdale Apartments were built by the Wilson-Covington Construction Company, a partnership between the Wilson brothers and Jack Covington, to help address the burgeoning housing needs of the post-World War II generation. Today generations later the Wilson and Covington families continue their legacy of investment in the community while honoring their family history in naming this redeveloped community Legacy at Ardmore.